Control Smart Home Devices With The Help Of Alexa
Connect Alexa to Wifi
Why Alexa Won’t Connect To Wifi? Alexa Not Connecting
A Glimpse Of Smart Voice Assistant Alexa
Alexa is one of the smartest voice assistants of this decade and no one can deny this fact. With the help of Alexa, you can make your life very easy in a number of ways. One can control smart home devices like lights, fans, thermostats. In addition to this, you can ask Alexa to set a reminder or play your favorite songs.
The voice assistant Alexa is favorable with the devices like Echo, Echo Tap, Echo Dot, Echo Show, etc. As time is passing by, Alexa is now coming with various new features. In easy words, it can be said that Alexa is really a great and advanced device.
Hook Up Alexa In Easy Steps?
Want to know how to set up Alexa in an easy manner? We would like to congratulate you that you just bought your first Echo device. You are a few steps ahead before benefitting from the features of Alexa.
Before you proceed further, you need to fulfill the below-given requirements:
- It is a must to add the latest version of the Alexa app on your smartphone, tablet, or PC.
- Make sure you are having a good speed internet connection.
- Once the app is in PC, let’s move ahead to complete the Alexa setup.
Guide for Echo Alexa Setup
1. Plug Echo Device To Power Outlet
Unpack the Echo device carefully and connect it with the power outlet using the original power adapter. Once the device is connected successfully, the LED light on the device will first turn blue and then orange.
2. Get Echo Application
It’s good if you have already the Alexa app on your smartphone or PC. If not, get the app from the play store or app store. We have mentioned the minimum device configuration below:
- iOS 8.0 or above
- FireOS 3.1 or above
- Android 4.6 or above
3. Sign up for the Account
If you are using the Alexa app for the very first time, you need to sign into the account first. Create an account with your email id and password.
Once the account will be created, you can apply the below-given steps:
- Open your Alexa app
- Click on the “Add Device” option in order to start the Alexa setup.
- Select the language of your choice.
- Complete the instructions given on the screen and click on the “Apply Changes” button.
Explain Alexa Features
Are you done with the Alexa Setup? If you have successfully completed the setup, you are open to a number of Alexa features. From playing music via your voice command, you can also control the smart home gadgets, set reminders, ask Alexa some jokes, weather news, or whatnot.
If your Alexa-enabled device is connected to a power source, say the wake word and Alexa will respond. You can then ask Alexa to perform any task for you.
The blue spinning light on the top of the Echo device means that Alexa is listening to you. Alexa Red Ring light means that it is not connected to the internet. Different Alexa ring lights have different meanings.
Complete Echo Dot Setup In East Steps
It is very easy to complete the Echo Dot Setup in a few simple steps. We are going to tell you the whole procedure below:
- Make an account if you don’t have one.
- Make sure you have placed the device a little close to the router.
- Wait for a while until the orange ring light will not appear on the device.
- Follow the instructions provided on the screen to complete the setup.
Step By Step Solution To Put Alexa In Setup Mode
In order to put Alexa in setup mode, follow the steps mentioned below:
- You need to put the Alexa-enabled device and router in the same room during the installation process.
- Open the play store or app store and get the Alexa app on your device.
- Open the app and click on “More”.
- Select “Add Device”.
- Choose the “Amazon Echo” icon that you want to complete the setup with. Choose from different Alexa-enabled devices like “Echo”, “Echo Plus”, “Echo Dot”, etc.
- You have successfully put Alexa into the setup mode.
- We would like to suggest that you put the device in the middle of the room so that Alexa can clearly hear your voice.
Steps To Fix Alexa Issues While Doing the Setup
It might happen sometimes that a user faces one or other issues while doing the setup. In this case, you can apply the below given Alexa Troubleshooting steps:
- Always use the original power adapter that came along with the device. Using a fake power adapter can let you face issues like Alexa Not Working or Echo Dot Stopped Working.
- Make sure your device has been connected to a good speed internet connection. Sometimes, low-speed internet connectivity creates issues like Alexa Offline or Alexa Won’t Connect To Wifi.
- Don’t put the Echo devices close to noisy backgrounds.
- Say the word clearly and make sure the microphone button is turned ON.